Guadalupe Peak Summit Log (#22078)
- Signed By: R.W. (Bob) Schwaninger
- Date Submitted: September 15, 2010
- Date(s) climbed: 05/31/1986
- Number of People Encountered: 0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
This was a rather easy climb, but under difficult conditions. It was 99-degrees when we left with full packs. We camped at about 200' below the summit (not much level, smooth ground). Ascended the summit right before sundown. One of the most spectacular views I ever witnessed and I've been around the world. Looking west, the summit overlooks the desert with the Organ Mountains in the distance.
Please be aware, this is in the least used and least known national park, about 30 or 40-miles south of Carlsbad Caverns. Open fires are not allowed and there is no water available on the trail.