Hamugnaw Peak Summit Log (#22314)
- Signed By: Dennis S. Ella
- Date Submitted: April 02, 2012
- Date(s) climbed: August 30, 2000
- Number of People Encountered: 11-25 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
After spending a night in a farmer’s hut in Barangay Manganese, our party composed of Dennis Ella (me), Jeffrey Legaspi, Ernina Defino, Mariebelle Porras and a local guide, hiked for half an hour to the northwest base of Hamugnaw.
A small strip of forest welcomed us in the initial phase of the ascent. We were fortunate to have brought only a light load consisting of some bottles of water and light snacks for we encountered brief but sheer sections that require Spiderman moves, aided by holds provided by tree branches, roots and rock projections. We hit the top of the rock-outcrop in one hour.