Acatenango Summit Log (#21823)
- Signed By: Etienne Gosselin
- Date Submitted: November 19, 2009
- Date(s) climbed: April 20th, 2008
- Number of People Encountered: 0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Long climb, very very dusty and soft ground. Took about 8 hours to reach the summit. We camped about 1000 feet from the summit. Morning view was spectacular with Fuego volcano erupting constantly.
Bring sun screen cause I was burnt badly by the sun... Lesson learned.
The way down was quick. About 2 and a half hours. We ''skied'' down.. very funny technique to experience.
I went with OX Volcano expedition. They are based in Antigua. I wouldn't go alone since a lot of thieves are in the region. We were escorted by two armed guards the whole time. They were very friendly.