20th of August 1940 Remains of an engine The German crew of the Focke Wulf Condor aircraft crashed into the cloud covered Mount Brandon while trying to find their location while on weather reconnaissance mission. By sheer luck only two of the crew were injured in the crash. The crew burned the remainder of the aircraft. On 31st August 1940 Mollenhauer and Beumer were transferred from Tralee Hospital to the Curragh Military Hospital and the four other crew members were moved from Collins Barracks, Cork to “K Lines”, or the No. 2 Internment Camp, as it was officially called. The crew of six survived and were the first aircrew from Germany to land in Ireland during the war years.