Illampu is the second highest peak of the Illampu mountain group. The complex isolated group rises to the northwest of the capital city of La Paz, and Ancohuma (20,957 ft.) is its highest peak.
|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1928|
|First successful climber(s):||H. Pfann, H. Hortnagel, H. Horeschowsky, E. Hein|
|Nearest major airport:||La Paz, Bolivia|
|Convenient Center:||La Paz, Bolivia|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Illampu.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20701 - by Alex Oss? on Mar 22, 2007New route in SO face 3 days climbing more than 1000 mts. mixte MD inf. with Oscar Cadiach, Kiku Magrinyà and Enric Dalmau
- Log #3223 - by Rick Hudson on Aug 25, 2003Alpine style with Alan Waterman (USA)
- Log #3221 - by Peter Pruckner on Aug 23, 2003http://skysorata.com/de/gebietueberschreitung.d.asp here you will found fotos from the first complet travers from Pico Espernaco via pico Norte to the illampo norte, via Illampu North Right and...
- Log #3224 - by fourure on July 13, 2003summit normal way alone without guide for information mail me
- Log #3225 - by Francois astier on June 25, 2003Francois astier Chamonix, France Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Date(s) summited: June 2003 Date signed: June
- Log #3226 - by klaus altman on Feb 10, 2003Terrible experiences with the tour company EXPLORAMA on Calle Sagarnaga 237 La Paz y Bolivia. On January 25th, 2003 we engaged the tour company EXPLORAMA to guide us on a 4 days tour to Mount...
- Log #3227 - by John Smith on Oct 07, 2002I climbed this hard mountain with Luis Palli, a guide from Bolivian Journeys. It took us 7 days the whole climb from La Paz. The whole organization was excellent, they provided a mountain hardware...
- Log #3229 - by james sierra on Dec 29, 2001hard mountain, you shouldn;t attempt it if you don't have a good acclimatization. It is not a mountain for beginners Class III. We got great pictures, map, white gas! and info from Bolivian Journeys...
- Log #3230 - by Ben Folsom on Oct 22, 1998Summited via the normal route in four days round trip from Sorata.