List is climbed
ItemId is 1369
Next summit south of Longs Peak (14,255) in Rocky Mountain National Park, (separated from Longs by a broad col, known as the Loft). A beautiful mountain with a sweeping north face, a variety of established climbing routes and virtually no people (especially when compared to its northern neighbor). The easiest lines follow the northeast ridge and south slopes (both are considered walk-ups). Other interesting routes include: The Loft (cl. 3), Dreamweaver (AI3/M2+), The Flying Buttress (5.9-11a) and Dark Star (WI4/M3). Approach the peak from either Wild Basin or the East Long's Peak Trail.
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|Nearest major airport:||Denver International|
|Convenient Center:||Estes Park|
Thanks to Willis Lambertson for adding this peak.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 12 trip reports for Mount Meeker.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20993 - by Patrick L. Lilly on Aug 30, 2007Climbed via the Loft route. This is NOT a walk-up. It entails at least Class 3 scrambling, and most likely a little Class 4. Still, it's well worth it.
- Log #20009 - by Ray on July 08, 2006Mount Meeker via Iron Gates (July) This is a good climb for someone who wants a good adventure but doesn't like the crowd of other nearby climbs (Longs Peak). It is a fairly long, tiring, steep...
- Log #16188 - by Cam Caldwell on Sep 26, 2002Solo hike from Chasm Lake to summit. Beautiful day. so just two people on trail. Only second person to summit in morning.
- Log #16189 - by David Dill on Sep 23, 2002Ascent with two more experienced climbers who had done Long's Peak and wanted to try something different. Info at the station said that there were trail markers. Back then few, if any, went up...
- Log #16190 - by
Bob & Cindy Kurziak on Sep 22, 2002First time doing any snow or alpine ice climbing for either of us. Taking a course with CMC made learning easy and enjoyable. Climbing Dream Weaver was great fun. Great views, Great snow, Great Ice.
- Log #16191 - by
randy on Apr 15, 2002dont remember the dates but i was living in RMNP this summer. summited meeker, longs, and two other peaks (names are slipping me now) refered to as grandslam of the park...took me 20 hrs...most...
- Log #16192 - by an anonymous user on Aug 06, 2001I took the Longs Peak Trail to Chasm Lake, I then went up through the Devil's Gates. I then followed the ridge up to the left (false) summit. I then did the "knife ridge" to the true...
- Log #16193 - by Albert W. Wolff and Sarah Roberts on July 25, 2001Climbed the Meeker Ridge starting at Lookout Mountain Trail which has a trailhead west of Meeker Park. Once above treeline on the ridge this route was a strenuous climb over talus and boulders most...
- Log #16194 - by Brice on June 25, 2001We climbed Dreamweaver. It is a spectacular route with interesting climbing. The climbing was a combination of hard snow, alpine ice, and some easy rock climbing. Great weather and only saw three...
- Log #16195 - by Jim Matt on May 30, 2001We chose the Dreamweaver route on Meeker in favor of doing Kiener's on Longs Peak, due to snow conditions. We had three in our party: Bob Chase (guide from Colorado Mountain School), Ed (climbing...
- Log #16196 - by Mike Richardson on Apr 20, 2001I was taking a surveying class at the Colorado School of Mines which was a 14X7 summer session. Two friends and I decided to "take a day off" for the Fourth and were going to climb Longs....
- Log #16197 - by Willis Lambertson on Apr 11, 2001Dreamweaver is a classic. A beautiful line on a beautiful face with beautiful views and beautiful people...no, this is not a nudist mountain.