List is favorites
ItemId is 1514
Artesonraju is a magnificent pyramid. From the north it is the "Paramount Peak" with just the circle of stars missing. The north ridge is about AD+ and accessible from Quebrada Santa Cruz. The southeast face is an immaculate 50 degree ice wall, D. Access to this face is from the Paron valley. The summit ridge is exposed and features fragile cornices. There is some risk of slab avalanches early in the season. The peak is getting more and more popular.
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Year first climbed:||1932|
|First successful climber(s):||E. Hein, E. Schneider (Germany)|
|Nearest major airport:||Lima|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Artesonraju.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #18892 - by Phil Magistro on Feb 14, 2006Climbed partway up SE face under terrible weather conditions and did not summit, but had a great learning experience on a beautiful mountain!
- Log #16635 - by Francisco Bezanilla on Aug 25, 2004Direct route on the SE face and via the canaleta to the summit. Done with Cosme Ramos as a guide. We made a hole in the snow in the summit path and vivac there. Rappeled down next day.
- Log #16636 - by onceanu on Mar 16, 2004if you have any rutes of this mountain, the clasic route if better.
- Log #16637 - by Bandli Risch on Dec 24, 2003We did the climb in a cind of alpine style. We stardet from the wonderfull Base Camp in the middle of nice trees (4500) and climbed the summit in one day. Pictures of our trip on www.senda.ch
- Log #16638 - by Chuck T on Nov 05, 2003I remember it as a good climb. A beautiful experience.
- Log #16639 - by Marco Venturi on Oct 30, 2003Artesonraju is a magnificent snow and ice piramid. The climb is demanding but not too difficult on the south face (50-60 degree slope). We left camp one at 0:30 and reached the summit at 7:30,...
- Log #16640 - by Carlos Esguerra on Aug 09, 2002beautifull day, 20hrs for ascending and descending this great mountain
- Log #16642 - by Ulrich Prinz on Oct 05, 2001A beautiful mountain ! A long and exhausting tour, technically not too difficult. See my page for complete story: http://UlrichPrinz.de -> Travel, Peru