Pico de Posets is the second highest mountain in the Pyrenees. It is one of only three peaks that exceeds 11,000 feet, and is the high peak of the Posets massif, which covers many acres of remote mountain wilderness. The high ridges and jutting aiguilles of the massif surround tranquil hollows, within which permanent snowfields are preserved. The massif is located entirely in Spain, just west of Pico d'Aneto (11,168 ft.), the highest mountain in the range.
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1856|
|First successful climber(s):||M. Halkett|
|Nearest major airport:||Lourdes or Toulouse, France, Zaragoza or Barcelona, Spain|
|Convenient Center:||Eriste, Spain, Benasque, Spain|
There are 15 trip reports for Posets.
- Log #6222 - by Kevin Luton on Dec 14, 2003Left the car just before the Pleta del Estallo parking area and headed up to the Refugio Angel Orus.Spotted my first Capercaillie on the way in glorious sunshine.From the Canal Fonda it was snow all...
- Log #6223 - by
Paul Hitzerd & Henk de Weerd on Dec 13, 2003Refugio Angel Orus (2100m) via Canal Funda = ijsvrije zuidelijke dal, direct naar de top in 3 a 4 uur. Je loopt in noordelijke richting eerst via GR11-2 route. Ter hoogte van 2500m ligt de zg....
- Log #6228 - by Hallbjörn Staurset on Aug 17, 2001One day trip.Start from the parking place in valle de Eriste about 7.00 and look forward to a beatiful walking trip up the valley.You are on the top around 12.
- Log #6229 - by roy sneddon on May 18, 2001I went up this beautiful mountain on a sunny summer's day. Just pure brilliant. An experience only surpassed by drinking a few ice cold beers when we got back down. Go visit this mountain if you can.
- Log #6230 - by David Ferrer on Dec 07, 2000First ascension by Viads-Clot-Llardanas Glacier- Gemelos-Posets North-Posets peak.Great moment and a solitary promenade. Good sensation over the summit. Second ascension by Eristes valley-Forcaus...
- Log #6231 - by gerard ferrer on Nov 17, 2000Very nice ascension. Eriste's valley route is one of the more beautiful "promenade" in the Pyrennees.The route of "Canal Fonda" isn't difficult in summer. Near the col over...
- Log #6232 - by Marc Udina i Bonet on Oct 23, 2000I climbed this muntain in november; it is very recomended, there is very few people and a lot of snow. Easy but tired ascent.
- Log #6233 - by Iker on Aug 26, 2000From Eriste valley great climbing, there is a small "cabaña" at 45 minutes from the refuge...dunno the name, this place is for 4 people... not convenient if it is raining....experience
- Log #6235 - by
michael hobby on June 23, 2000Enjoyable ascent from Venasque direction and ?north ridge. Summited circa 10 am. A long but thoroughly enjoyable day.
- Log #6236 - by Javier Martìnez Izquierdo on June 06, 2000The most beautiful landscape from a summit in the pirynees. The ascent is not very difficult. 3 hours form Angel Oros refuge. crampons needed for the canal fonda zone.
- Log #6237 - by erik zwetsloot on Nov 12, 1999it was very cloudy, cold and windy. we had no view on the top. at half past four we went the wrong way down, so we had to get up again. at half past five we started the descent to the valley.
- Log #6238 - by Ben Mitchell on Nov 03, 1999Try to get on the summit for early morning. The views are special at that time. We were there at 8.30am and the sun warming the valleys gives a fantastic mist effect looking towards Aneto.
- Log #6239 - by Javier Antich on July 24, 1999It was really fun til some clouds appeared, the storm began, we could not go down through "La Canal" towards Estos and we had to go to Viados. However, one of us had an accident and a...
- Log #6240 - by Linard Marc on Apr 06, 1999From Rif. Angel Orus, an easy ascent via Canal Fonda. Great panorama. Great skiing from the top to the hut. We hadn't the skis, and we had regrets !
- Log #6241 - by Simon Gwyn Roberts on Nov 25, 1998An excellent arete gains the summit from the Estos Hut side, and is far better than the loose normal route.