List is climbed
ItemId is 351
Beautiful glacier summit. Very fine north east face ice shield rising from Austria with two long ribbon glaciers falling from the secondary summit toward Sterzing (Italy). Southern approach from Sterzing via the Hochfeilerhutte (2770 m) is spectacular and straight forward. The only real scrambling is immediately after leaving the refuge where a wall is climbed to gain the summit ridge; fixed ropes (PD-). Nice snow arête to finish at summit cross. Fantastic views of the Gliderferner and down the north face.
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1865|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Hochfeiler.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22550 - by J. Vranjes on Aug 29, 2016Climbed directly from the road and descended back to the same place, 10 hours for both directions. No other people on the mountain due to bad weather conditions. More details here:...
- Log #21495 - by Alexander Haupt on Oct 29, 2008Solo ascent via normal route (S ridge, scramble) from Hochfeiler hut. Cold and windy. Good visibility ensured nice panorama.
- Log #20905 - by Sven Bugarski on July 30, 2007We were 3 people, started the climb from a parking place next to the road to Pfitsch-Joch (1710m) at 11:30pm. The path to the Hochfeiler hut was easy to follow and took us from a forest via mountain...
- Log #9613 - by Ryszard and Tomasz Wichary on Oct 31, 2003Very impressive panorama from the summit and very easy way from the Hochfeiler Hutte.
- Log #9614 - by Morgan Cignini on Sep 28, 2002in Italy call this mountain "Gran Pilastro", and from Italy I climbed it, after a nice sleeping at "rifugio Gran Pilastro" (Hochfeiler huette in german)very confortable. The climb...
- Log #9615 - by Silvia, Sigi and Helmut on Sep 04, 2001Beautiful walk up to the hut along alpine flora. The peak was easy to climb and the scenery spectecular. As the weather forecast was a bit uncertain we walked up in 3 1/2 hours. But it cleared and we...
- Log #9616 - by Marek Cerman on Oct 02, 2000summit by nord face
- Log #9617 - by Olof Lindquist on Sep 23, 1999From the Hochfeiler hut by the ordinary route, the South-West ridge. The climb: easy, not too exciting. The summit: outstanding high alpine scenery, stunning view of the North face and East ridge....