List is climbed
ItemId is 402
You must be logged in to add a peak to your list of climbed peaks.
Nadelhorn is one of the beautiful peaks in the Mischabel group.
|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Geneva|
|Convenient Center:||Saas Fe|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 21 trip reports for Nadelhorn.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20960 - by Paul Everett on Aug 20, 200719th August 2007 Spacious sleeping accomodation in the hut and good food. Party of two and both of us had problems with acclimatisation, so we were the last on the summit with the advantage of...
- Log #19158 - by Olivier Dumon on Feb 15, 2006We planned the traverse Lenzspitze Nadelhorn, but due to very bad weather and snow, we finally climbed Nadelhorh, using normal route, East ridge. Despite stong wind and winter conditions, it was a...
- Log #18853 - by Bernd Schlabach on Feb 14, 2006Good condition. Thx to Karin, Hartfried and Benni.
- Log #10321 - by roger gaff on Aug 27, 2003From the Miscabel Hut in fresh snow a fine ascent was enjoyed with DW, SH and DMc from speyside.
- Log #10322 - by Madeleine on Mar 26, 2003I would just like to thank the people who run this web site. You have been very helpful with my school work and I often catch myself amazed with some of the pictures you put out. Keep up the good...
- Log #10323 - by Arne Keller on Sep 04, 2002a great day on a great peak: best snow conditions and an overwhelming view, but the summit is soooo small! the four of us hardly fit on the hihgest point, and then there was a guide aproaching with a...
- Log #10324 - by Richard Franklin on Aug 22, 2002Summited from the Mishabel hut via the NW Ridge. We were the first lot up but it soon got very crowded.
- Log #10325 - by Dennis Atherton on July 08, 2002Avoid the Michabel Hut, its quieter in a glog dance
- Log #10326 - by Jan van der Straaten on Dec 14, 2000We started early in the morning from the Mischabel Hütte at 3.30 AM, three climbers and two guides. The weather forecast was very doubtful, and we were not very sure of making it to the summit. The...
- Log #10327 - by David Ferrer on Dec 08, 2000The Gret Mischabel!!! The Immortals were there...
- Log #10328 - by Will on Sep 14, 2000It was an overwhelming wide panorama, ultra-clean air. But too many people on the summit (surely I was one of them...). I suggest to climb the Ulrichshorn (39XXm) too. One word to all mountaineers:...
- Log #10329 - by dave morris on Sep 01, 2000straightforward when covered in snow/rocks at top frozen in. beautiful area marred only by constantly visible saas fe and turin from summit. nadlegrat looks good fun. peak remains invisible until...
- Log #10330 - by Cris Buningh on Aug 06, 2000After not having done any mountaineering for almost 20 years Nicolaas and I (both early 40) decided we needed another climb. Actually our wives decided and we were very happy they did. We walked...
- Log #10331 - by
Henning Lege on Dec 17, 1999I was one of about 110 on that sunny day alone on this wonderful peak, so this summit log may not yet be complete ...
- Log #10332 - by Trevor Laboski on Dec 16, 1999Approach from Nadeljoch and Lenz. Beautiful day.
- Log #10333 - by Simon Gwyn Roberts on Dec 01, 1999A compelling, safe line to a great summit.
- Log #10334 - by Alain Figer on Nov 28, 1999I have found the normal route to the Nadelhorn a very convenient one for a soloer. Due to bad crevasses, walking across the Hohbalmgletscher was however the worst part of the route. Happily this is a...
- Log #10335 - by Helene ENZ on Oct 17, 1999We started at 2:30 in the morning and made it at 11:00, wonderful sunshine, which meant different snow conditions on the way down. 5 groups tried it that day. We started last, but made it first with...
- Log #10336 - by Dr. H. H. Tsai on Aug 09, 1999Weather indifferent for several days with indifferent forecast. Quite a lot of fresh sugary snow. Started early (0320 hr)and was greated with a glorious sunrise at the top (0630hrs. Used the voie...
- Log #10337 - by
Debby Richman on July 26, 1999Just returned from Michabel Hut approach. Tried once with lightning. Tried second time with success. All types of snow conditions, so it's worth an early start.
- Log #10338 - by Hans Wennerström on July 19, 1999From Saas-Fee it is a good 1500 meter to the Mischabel hut. Starting early we had a classic alpine ascent over the Hobalm glacier and futher from Windjoch to the summit along the long snow ridge.