List is favorites
ItemId is 413
A nice acclimatization climb before attempting the 6000+ m peaks around it. The climb starts at the Artisonraju base camp, and should take about 4-5 hours to the top. A safe basic snow/ice climb, suitable for first-timers with basic snow-climbing equipment.
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Urus in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Urus.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21754 - by Rick Kieffer on Aug 19, 2009Soloed route from camp at Quebrada Ishinca. Easy snow to very corniced ridge. Followed ridge to one short(15 Meters)rock traverse to summit. 5 hours R/T.
- Log #10428 - by Eugene (Buz) Groshong on Aug 19, 2004After three days acclimatizing in Huaraz and the hike-in to Ishinca base camp, I started out at 4 AM with my guide, Koky Castañeda. It took me a while to get used to the uphill; it was so steep that...
- Log #10429 - by Steve Hysko on May 08, 2004Beautiful day, was with Scott Thrift, Chris Ruby, Brian Price and Doug Perler. Went all the way around the back side, should have hit the snow at lower elevation.
- Log #10430 - by Guy JADOT on Jan 15, 2004Sommet atteint par plusieurs membres du Cab hainaut avant traversée intégrale de l'Ishinca le jour suivant, conditions impeccables. Super!
- Log #10431 - by Michel Raiche on Apr 12, 2002superbe sommet, par une magnifique journèe, ascension rapide juste derriëre le refuge Ishinca. ý faire si vous Ítes dans le coin!
- Log #10432 - by Mabel on June 07, 2001Pronto ire a subir el Urus.....cuando vuelva les contarè como me fue.... saludos desde la Patagonia, mabel.
- Log #10433 - by Roberto Blasi on May 28, 2001No alcance la cima; supongo que fui fuera de temporada. Octubre es el peor mes para la Blanca
- Log #10434 - by Geert Vanden Broeck on Nov 16, 2000I soloed the normal route, PD, just run up the morene and from there, follow the easy snowy slopes to the summit (up to 40%). From base camp to top: 5 hrs (1150 m.)
- Log #10435 - by Nick Hudson on Dec 07, 1999Climbed Urus off season. Nice peak, in fact much nicer than we had expected. Lots of very soft snow, made hard work of the climb. A few nice variations on the easy seem possible, straight up the...