List is favorites
ItemId is 45
Cima Grande is the highest peak of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo Group, and one of the most famous peaks of the Dolomites. It is a sheer cliff with serious overhang. Its massive North Face provides some of the most intense rock climbing in the world. The direct ascent of the face is a classic climb, with few cracks or chimneys, and was widely believed to be impossible until it was finally climbed in 1958 by Dietrich Hasse.
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1869|
|First successful climber(s):||P. Grogmann, F. Innerkofter, P. Salcher|
|Nearest major airport:||Venice, Italy|
|Convenient Center:||Sesto or Lake Misurina, Italy|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 12 trip reports for Cima Grande.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #866 - by Patrick Deykers on Sep 09, 2003Succesfully climbed the Comici route, UIAA 7, 6b.
- Log #867 - by Armando Corvini on Sep 08, 2003Cima Grande di Lavaredo.Summited by the NE ridge, Stubler/Dibona route. Hight 500m grade 4. Very exposed, with some loose rocks toward the summit.
- Log #868 - by Armando Corvini on Sep 08, 2003I meet up with Armando Galvani from Trieste. We climbed the North Face- Comici Route. This was my second time as I climbed first in 1959. Great Route.
- Log #869 - by Armando Corvini on Sep 08, 2003Bruno and I climbed the North Face - Comici Route It was late in September, no other climbers on the Route. It was my first grade 6,as leader. I lead every pitch. The Route was superb on good rock...
- Log #870 - by bart cockx on Dec 14, 2002Did the normal route twice in very different conditions. When wet the crux-chimney is a little stressy and not nice. In good conditions this is a very nice climb in a relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere....
- Log #871 - by Michael Spring on June 28, 2002Via the north face - Comici route. Took 2 days but thoroughly enjojed it. The bivock halfway up was the most superb nights I have ever spent on a mountain and I still remember it after 37 years.
- Log #872 - by Sergio Camiz on June 10, 2002I was 15 it was and my first climbing on pure rocks. Very easy.
- Log #873 - by MartinLascano on Mar 10, 2002Le Ciama es imponente. Escalamos la via Comici en 3hs. es una ruta facil y mayormente la escalamos sin cuerda, la dificultad no supera el IV+.
- Log #874 - by baczoni Andres on July 29, 2001I climbed with my brother in the south face of Cima Grande. It was a beautiful climbing. If you want some information please send me an e-mail. Sziasztok!!!
- Log #875 - by JORDI ROSET I LLOBET on Feb 17, 2000Via Comici. 6Hours. How the climbed this routes on that date? Is really incredible.
- Log #876 - by mike on Jan 31, 2000My wife and I will be travelling to Northern Italy in the summer of 2001. Our interests include climbing some of classic yet moderate climbs and peaks as well as experiencing Tyrolean culture. would...
- Log #877 - by Elwin van der Gragt on Apr 27, 1999Ascent via N-Face 'Comici' Route very much relaxt sports-climbing athmosphere. Easy routefinding, good rock. Crux section should be UIAA 7 (fr. 6b). Overrated.