Pico de Orizaba Trip Report (#18773)
- Signed By: Peer- Thorsten Prues
- Date submitted: February 14, 2006
- Date(s) climbed: 02.01.2005
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
I started to climp up from the base camp at 1 am. I reached the glacer at 8:30 am. To find the right way in the night was not easy - i had clear sky -. i took another 3,5 hours to climp to the summit. The glacer is was in a good condition and easy to climp. It is necessarily to get a good aclimatisation. A very good way is to climp first on the ixta which is easily to climp and good to get aclimatisate.