Zumsteinspitze is a small peak situated between Signalkuppe and Dufourspitze sitting above the big Monte-Rosa East face.
|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Mar, Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1. August 1820|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 15 trip reports for Zumsteinspitze.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22549 - by Agnese on Aug 21, 2016We climberd Zusmteinspitze on the way from Sella hut to Margherita hut, after traversing the Lyskamm's Nose and climbing Corno Nero and Ludwigshöhe. At the end of the snowy ridge we scrambled on...
- Log #21992 - by roger gaff on June 30, 2010Again up from Gniffetti refugio after the previous day's traverse which ended with Corno Nero and Pyramid Vincent we reached Zumsteinspitze from the col between it and Signalkuppe by a fine mixed...
- Log #12487 - by Susanne Williams on July 18, 2004Super short hop from Margherita Hut
- Log #12488 - by Ron Harris on Nov 26, 2003Wonderful view of entire Monte Rosa area, Mont Blanc, Gran Paradiso, etc. This concluded my 'Tour de Monte Rosa.'
- Log #12489 - by
Terry R on Nov 26, 2003Very pleasant climb. Nice ridge walk with a few rocks at the end. Great view of Liskamm, Dufourspitze, Italy and Switzerland!
- Log #12490 - by Joseba Plazaola on Sep 19, 2003We are 4 basque young people and this year was our first Alps experience, after climbing Gran Paradiso, we wnet to the Monte Rosa Massif and we summited Punta Gnifetti and Zumstein spitze. It was a...
- Log #12491 - by Mike Rooke on July 29, 2002Such an easy mountain from the Refuge Margherita! A little rock step at the top to a very windy summit where we could see the sun coming up. From here we walked down the glacier all the way back to...
- Log #12492 - by Janos Granicz on Feb 28, 2002Karoly Barta - Janos Granicz Our route: Near the Mantova Hut (our tent) - Balmenhorn - Schwarzhorn - Ludwigshohe - Parrotspitze - Zumsteinspitze - Punta Gnifetti (Signalkuppe) - Near the Mantova...
- Log #12493 - by Wim Roelants on Aug 05, 2001Very short but attractive climb from the Signalkuppe (Margerita hut). Short snow ridge, then a little scrambling. Prayer flags on the summit. Excellent view of the Dufourspitze south face.
- Log #12494 - by Mike Laliberte on Feb 08, 2001A great view for such little effort!
- Log #12495 - by Chris Franks on Sep 25, 2000The sun only shone for 30 minutes that day and we were lucky enough to summit the mountain and see a most beautiful sunrise during that time.
- Log #12496 - by Will on Sep 14, 2000It was the weekend where the storm and the flood rushed the Northern Alps. Not so heavy at Monte Rosa: "Only" stormblasts. By the way, it was really nice to be the only persons at the summit,...
- Log #12497 - by Peter Henderickx on Apr 16, 2000Beautiful view, early in the morning. Could see the whole alps at sunset! Magnificent! Easy climb, but worthwhile.
- Log #12498 - by Bernd Nebendahl on Nov 15, 1999easy from Cap. Margherita, traverse to Dufourspitze cancelled due to bad wheather
- Log #10525 - by Juergen Wein on Sep 22, 1999Fantastic view! Not very difficult!