Resegone (m.1874), a rocky dolomite mountain, rises over Lecco (m.200) on the Lake of Como. Its name's meaning is "big saw" because this mountain has a lot of summits in a single line of the same highness. It is a very popular mountain, destination of many hikers and climbers in every season. There are a lot of trails to its summit, the shortest starts from the small village of Morterone (you leave your car at Forcella d'Olino, the difference in level is 700m and it requires two hours). The usual trail starts from Lecco Versasio (m.600) (you may reach it by train from Milan), it runs on the west side of Resegone, it crosses Passo della Sibretta and follows the last section of Canolone di Valnegra to the top (3.30 hours, 1300m); the path goes through very steep slopes so you must be careful. Azzoni hut is few meter under the summit, other huts are Alpinisti Monzesi (S side), Passo del Fo (SW), Stoppani (W), Piani d'Erna (NW). The panorama from the top is magnificent; under your feet you see the whole Pianura Padana, Lecco and Brianza lakes; and towards north you may see the whole Alps from Monviso to Monte Rosa, Bernina, Cevedale and Adamello. On Resegone steep gullies, ridges and towers you may find many hiking trails (Sentiero delle Creste, Canalone di Bobbio, Canalone di Val Comera, Canalone di val Negra), some with fixed ropes (Ferrata Pizzo d'Erna, Ferrata Gamma, Ferrata del Cinquantenario) and a lot of classic and freeclimbing routes. You may go up Resegone by ski from Morterone or Brumano. In winter and spring a great attention is required with ice or snow.
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|Nearest major airport:||Milan and Bergamo|
Thanks to Enrico Bestetti for adding this peak.
There are 5 trip reports for Resegone.
- Log #13638 - by Mirko e Maurizio on June 11, 2001From ERVE (560 mt.) via Rif Alpinisti Monzesi and Rif Azzoni in 3.5 hours Retourn via Passo del Fo - Rif Alpinisti Monzesi
- Log #13639 - by Francesco Musetta on Feb 05, 2001Try the Gamma climbing trails(ferrata Pizzo d'Erna and Ferrata Dente)and let me know what you think.Another climbing trail( ferrata del Centenario) is much easier.
- Log #13640 - by Marco Borello on Mar 26, 2000Bella avventura in compagnia dei miei amici Sergio e Ambroeus. In vetta abbiamo visto l'alba ed un bellissimo panorama
- Log #18802 - by william mitchell on Nov 14, 2006love it hot day for walking and i will go again good place to stay is the miramonit hotel in rota imagna
- Log #19072 - by John Hill on Jan 17, 2006Monday Night climb, fairly good moon, no other people, VERY slippery ice, especially at the bottom. Tricky in places, but a great view at the top. The huts are locked. I went with Enrico Benedetti,...