Mount Kerinchi is the highest mountain of Sumatra. Like the other hundreds of mountains on the island, Kerinchi is a volcano. It is located near the west coast, about 80 miles south of the coastal city of Padang. Its steep, pine-forested slopes rise in isolation above surrounding farmland. Kerinchi lasted erupted in 1970, and continues to emit clouds of sulphurous smoke.
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|Year first climbed:||1877|
|First successful climber(s):||von Hasselt and Veth|
|Nearest major airport:||Padang, Sumatra|
|Convenient Center:||Sungaipenuh, Sumatra|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Mount Kerinchi.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21125 - by Nigel Vardy on Dec 20, 2007Beautiful jungle climb followed by pumice covered crater with views over the Kerinci Seblat National Park. Do it!
- Log #20403 - by man on Sep 29, 2006we from Persatuan Pengembara Angkasapuri, Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia. All 21 climbers. 10 mens and 11 womens.
- Log #14297 - by syam on July 22, 2004We from Kelab Kembara Universiti Utara Malaysia (25 persons) was climbed the summit of Mt. Kerinchi at 8 a.m 6th June 2004. Thanks to travel agent Pak Mie from BA Tour.
- Log #14299 - by akmal nizam bin hj. salleh on June 25, 2003our team from Harapan Adventure Team,majlis penghuni desasiswa harapan, Universiti Sains Malaysia,Penang (13 person) with helpers from Mapala Unand (4) and Mapala proklamator Univ. Bung Hatta (4) was...
- Log #14300 - by Hajah Zaleha Hj Abu Samah on May 17, 2003Our teams consist of 3 ASEAN countries Malaysia,Indonesia and Singapore together we summit to the peak of Mount Kerinci 3805M on 14 may 2003.The team from Malaysia are Kelab Orang Gunung Kuala lumpur...
- Log #14301 - by akmal nizam bin hj. salleh on July 31, 2002Mt. Kerinchi??? my god..tough enough to me..always in my memories..in April 2003, i'm responsible to make a trip to Mt kerinchi under the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang.
- Log #14302 - by muhammad bin mohd amin on July 13, 2002i'm from malaysia and studying at malaysian maritime academy. i want to organise a mount kerinchi expedition so in this matter i hope someone can helo me.
- Log #14304 - by Muazam Hadi Muhammad on July 13, 2001My first time climbing a volcano! An expedition organised by Outdoor Activities and Recreational Society (OARS), Multimedia University joined by friends from MAPALA UNAND. A total of 29 persons...