|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1925|
|First successful climber(s):||Norman Clyde|
Thanks to Craig Peer for adding this peak.
The easiest major peak in the Palisades. Easy climb from Bishop Pass. Excellent view from the summit of the Palisade Glacier and peaks.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Mount Agassiz.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21335 - by Dave Titus on July 07, 2008Long, strenuous day hike. Very cool and comfortable in the am, hot on the return in the afternoon. The beginning of the ascent has much loose, unstable rock, but as you climb the talus becomes more...
- Log #19052 - by Arthur FLYNN on Feb 14, 2006We approached the summit from the South (Dusey Basin). We followed a route on the SSW side of Agassiz. Be careful of loose rocks (VW size) 300' below summit rock -- we had one break lose causing a...
- Log #14386 - by Jim Dowling on Sep 05, 2004Great view of Palisade Glacier
- Log #14387 - by Bryan E Couch on July 15, 2002Made a solo climb form south lake after a late night of drinking with some locals at Maloys bar in Bishop. Took 13 hours total to climb, Outstanding summit, summited a day after Peter Croft. View...
- Log #14388 - by Darshan Mayginnes on Aug 21, 2001From Bishop Pass. This gives great views in all directions, especilly into the Palisades Basin. Great energy on this summit.
- Log #14389 - by Jason Richling on Mar 07, 2001Heavy snow - excellent ascent from Bishop Pass (class 2), off-route a bit (class 3/4) on descent. Fantastic climb, great view!
- Log #14390 - by
Craig Peer on June 16, 2000Climbed the ridge from Agassiz Col on the southeast side alone. Class 2. Excellent view from the summit!