Mount Elbrus Trip Report (#18813)
- Signed By: Mike Lakotish of Chicago, IL, US
- Date submitted: February 14, 2006
- Date(s) climbed: 7.31.2005
- Number of People Encountered:11-25 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Summited Elbrus on my 34th birthday, doesn't get any better than that. My second perfect trip with IMG and Phil Ershler. Elbrus isn't as steep as Orizaba, but it's LONG. 10 hours from our hut to the summit! Russia and especially the valley near elbrus is the old west. We stayed at the wolfram lodge in terskol when not on the mountain and ate plenty of cabbage soup and potatos. Our trip included time spent in St. Petersburg on the way in and Moscow on the way out. Nothing like celebrating bagging one of the 7 summits with a big mac next to red square! Even got an overnight in Amsterdam on the way home. IMG is great and the best at this trip hands down.