Mount Elbrus Trip Report (#18834)
- Signed By: michael of kuppenheim, germany
- Date submitted: June 27, 2005
- Date(s) climbed: 26 June 2005
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
I went to the eastern top of this mountain from the north side. The only organizer of this in the whole western world is Alexios Passalidis (Elbrus-Reisen.de),all the others are going from the south side. The way from the north is much more beautyful, because it goes though untoutched nature and there are much less people. We were 5 people, 4 reached the top, a woman got a High altitude illness and went together with a russian back down to the valley of Dschily-Su. It is a bit more difficult as from the south, because you have to do all with your own feet and you have to carry all your luggage by yourself. but it is great.