SABALAN is the third highest peak of IRAN after DAMAVAND and ALAM KUH . This mount has so beautiful lake on its crater and green flanks.
|Range/Region:||Northwest Iran Ranges|
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Sabalan.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #14679 - by M. Mortazavi on Sep 11, 2004I finally posted some pictures from the climb. You can find them at http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/MortazaviBlog/20040910#more_on_climbing_mount_sabalan
- Log #14680 - by Leif Fredriksson on Aug 14, 2004The greatest peak I ever climbed, very beautiful mountain! The weather was great the first day when we (Sabalan Club) entered the monistery base camp (3500 m) of Sabalan. But in the evening it...
- Log #14681 - by Masood Mortazavi on Aug 03, 2004We did it in 1 day. I will write more about it in my web log at blogs.sun.com. I will also include some photos there. We left from Ardabil at 4 am towards Meshkin Shahr.
- Log #14682 - by Daniel Michalek on July 30, 2004We start track from the ski resort 3100m. We climbed from the west side directly to the summit with full backpacks. Very nice very hard.
- Log #14683 - by Anders Joergensen on May 23, 2004Lots of very deep snow early in may. The lake was frozen, but denfinately worth the effort.
- Log #14684 - by Morteza Lakpour on Apr 14, 2003I've been there few times and I've enjoyed every single time and I wish I could go one more time. I am from Tabriz. Good Luck every one
- Log #14685 - by amirsasan on Jan 14, 2003sabalan is one of the most beutiful montains of iran.i have climbed it for once,and i will never forget its memory.if u see my web page u can fined some picturs of sabalan.
- Log #14686 - by SABER HAGHVIRDY on Aug 28, 2002IN THE NAME OF GOD i think savalan(sabalan)is the best mountine in iran. i climb the most of mountines in iran but sabalan is reallybeautifull,nature &axciting. i climb 3or 4 in year and...
- Log #14688 - by
ali imani on Nov 28, 2001i thibk it's one of the best mountains in the world the beautiful nature and exciting views specialy in spring. there 4 other mountains behind this mount named pyramid 1,2,3 and kasra. they are all...