NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 10 trip reports for Skiddaw.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #18898 - by an anonymous user on Oct 21, 2005our party of 12, including 2 eleven year olds, braved the high winds and low cloud as we set off up the tourist route from the car park just north of Latrigg. The wind blew away my 2 1/2" map...
- Log #14784 - by
Becky Fishenden on July 21, 2004Great way to celebrate my birthday. Weather was excellent, had some fantastic views from the top.
- Log #14785 - by
Andy Bannister on Dec 24, 2003On a clear day, the views across the Vale of Keswick are unbelievable good. On a non-clear day, Skiddaw can attract some of the worst weather in the region.
- Log #14786 - by Phil Hollywood on June 13, 2003The 50th anniversary of the ascent of Everest! Eric, Paul, Bridget and I celebrated with champagne, at the summit.
- Log #14787 - by Gordon L. Hewstone on Mar 01, 2003It's a long while since I climbed this one but I remember adding a few hundred feet to the climb by starting from the Low Briary holiday village by the River Greta at the foot of the mountain rather...
- Log #14788 - by L.Blackburn on Feb 28, 2003He may be the oldest mountain in england, but on 25/01/03 he was also a bit irate. The wind as you reached the summit was verging on the side of dangerous, with me and my partner (Tracy) having to...
- Log #14789 - by Brian Prince on Oct 22, 2002I started from the car park above Latrigg Fell, near Keswick. It was a crisp, clear winter day at the very beginning of the year. I followed a trail above a rushing river in a valley formed by...
- Log #14790 - by Kevin Cooper on July 15, 2002Walked and biked this mountain several times now - I always try to fit it in when I'm in the English Lakes. If you're near Keswick, give it a go, it's an easy climb and the views are fantastci on a...
- Log #14791 - by
Willie Sacks on Oct 01, 2000For such an ugly country as england the lake district is unbelievably lovely. Skiddaw is a very easy mtn to climb and it rains a lot.
- Log #14792 - by Jonathan Elford on July 10, 2000If you are in the Lake District, don't miss this one!!!