Matterhorn Trip Report (#19763)
- Signed By: Torgrim Thingvoll
- Date submitted: September 27, 2006
- Date(s) climbed: 21.06.06
- Number of People Encountered:11-25 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
The Matterhorn was climbed in very nice weather, as has been the case for most of this summer (as far as my knowledge). The route was not crowded and the rock was dry, making it possible to climb fast. With a guide the climb can be made safely, but Matterhorn is Matterhorn. Do not underestamate the physical condition you need to be in, the climb is hard. Wonderful feeling to be on the top, but remember you are only half way at the summit.