|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Granada|
Nice and easy peak with a paved (but not driveable) road to the top. Some snow also in summer.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Pico Veleta.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #14873 - by Stuart Hovvels on May 09, 2004We parked our car at the Hoya de la Moya just before the road barrier, at approx 2500 metres. The road above was obliterated with snow following severe weather and blizzards that had claimed the...
- Log #14874 - by Andy Gillespie on Sep 12, 2003my brother Ian and Christian 14, Kate 15 and Jane 14 had a wonderful day in a cool wind and brilliant sunshine. We admired the cyclists who rode all the way. We left the car at the Albergue...
- Log #14875 - by Boris Tomec on Aug 02, 2001Hallo! Mich interessiert Mountain-Bikefahren auf Pico Veleta. Haben Sie vielleicht welche Prospekte ueber die Trasse? Danke Boris Tomec Trubarjeva 81 1000 Ljubljana Slovenija
- Log #14876 - by AITOR ALEGRIA ALONSO on Jan 03, 2001NICE DAY, SUNNY, EASY CLIMB, NOT VERY SNOW. SPECTACULAR WIEWING
- Log #14877 - by C.M. Kennedy on Jan 02, 2001A nice climb in early spring. No equipment needed--just kick steps with boots.
- Log #14878 - by Armin Kaifler on Oct 17, 2000A very funny thing is to ascend the Peak by bike. Start trip in Granada, cycle a bit more than 50 km to the top of the Pico Veleta, enjoy the fantastic sight - people say that on clear days you...
- Log #14879 - by Piotr G. Mielus on July 20, 2000Very easy ascent although you have to make 900 meters of altitude from the parking place. Nice view to the Mulhacen slopes and beautiful Andalucia. My Dad made the summit as well.
- Log #14880 - by Björn Revil on July 16, 2000Easy peak with a nice view. I walked this from the parkinglot at Solynieve (2500 meter) just south of Granada. Still some snow on the ground, and quite foggy. 3 hours to top, 1.