|Range/Region:||Sangre de Cristo Range|
Thanks to Tom Ice for adding this peak.
The peak is located northwest of Kit Carson Peak.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Challenger Point.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21414 - by Bart Damron on Sep 03, 2008I ascended solo into the clouds around 7am using the usual route from Willow Lake. The weather was cloudy, cold and windy and visibility wasn't more than 50 ft. I met several people around 11,500...
- Log #20973 - by Patrick L. Lilly on Aug 23, 2007Climbed via the standard north slopes route from Willow Lake on the way to Kit Carson Peak. Cloudy, but no rain and very calm. The north slopes are steep and loose, but not really technically...
- Log #15079 - by Reb Dittmer on July 05, 2004My first 14er ever! A friend of mine had 'unfinished business' with Kit Carson Peak, and I broke the seal with our first ascent of Challenger. Fabulously maintained trail for 4 miles until the Lake,...
- Log #15080 - by Leigh Ann Pendleton on Aug 23, 2001Awesome, but the catwalk was a little scary.
- Log #15081 - by Andrea Elmquist on Aug 06, 2001Challenger Point is quite a challenge. We had a great time but the ridge line up to the summit is not for the faint of heart. If you would like to try a mountain with some exposure, this might be a...
- Log #15082 - by
Evan Kay on Oct 25, 2000I had a great time, great bouldering in that area.
- Log #15083 - by Brennan Connelly on Sep 10, 2000A long and boring climb (6300 vertical feet from trailhead, took almost 3 hours!!!) on a slag heap. Killer views of rest of Crestones and San Luis Valley, however.