|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|Nearest major airport:||Manchester, NH|
|Convenient Center:||North Conway|
Thanks to Garth Dickerman for adding this peak.
Third highest in the state of NH. It has several false summits. This peak affords great views of Mt. Washington, the great gulf, the northern Presidentials, and the western Whites.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Mt. Jefferson.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22033 - by Etienne Gosselin on Aug 03, 2010Climbed Mount Washington, then kept going to Clay and then Jefferson. Lot of people on Mt Washington but basically no one after that point. Mount Jefferson is a lot nicer than mount Washington in my...
- Log #21867 - by dehringer on Jan 28, 2010Good climb
- Log #21118 - by Monica Trust on Dec 16, 2007The climb to the summit was extremely fun. The weather conditions at the trail head was mild with warm temps at 70 degrees. At about 500 feet from the summit the weather was drastically different. It...
- Log #15206 - by Yury Konev on Sep 07, 2004Summited via the Gulfside Trail from Madison
- Log #15207 - by Bob Ellis on Nov 06, 2000It was a nice, fall day in Maine with no snow. Got to the parking area for the mountain and found 3-4 inches on the ground. I still hiked shorts and all. The weather wasn't bad so I didn't freeze.
- Log #15208 - by Lauren Cook on Sep 27, 2000Via the Caps Ridge trail, on the way to Washington. It was a beautiful day!