|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||Milan MXP|
Very nice peak over Brenva and Geant glaciers with the Italian Mont Blanc face (east face)in front. Probably the best way to test your ability to summit others peak on Mont Blanc massif.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 10 trip reports for Tour Ronde.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #15231 - by Ine-Lill H. Gabrielsen/Venke Hatleberg on Apr 02, 2004Nice ice/snow climbe right up the north face. Girls just wanna have fun!
- Log #15232 - by
Bernard Klein on Oct 10, 2003Great ice climb then mixed to the summit. Incredible views of Mont Blanc and the Vallée Blanche.
- Log #15233 - by Otto Schapendonk on Mar 11, 2002Climbed it on a beautiful weekend in may 1998 via the classic North Face route. Nice short climb.
- Log #15234 - by
Guido Freddi on Sep 26, 2001Submitted by the Normal route (II, AD, 400m, 2-3h) The Normal route is not the Ridge route. It climbs the first slope of snow and reach the crest right of the gendarme (left is the col Freshfield)....
- Log #15235 - by Valdek Udris on Sep 01, 2001I summitedd this peak twice- via normal route, SEridge (very easy) and via North Face direct. That was cool- good 50 degr. ice slope. Real fun!
- Log #15236 - by Alan Arnette on July 30, 2001Great mixed climbing with incredible vews
- Log #15237 - by sam stradamus on July 16, 2001At first whe took the the gervasutti-couloir but then we went on to climb a goulotte to the right of the couloir. Nice, not so easy climb.
- Log #15238 - by michiel heijnen on May 21, 2001We climbed the classical North Face-route, very nice continuous ice-climbing. In the lower section good belays in the granite on the right. Hope for good conditions and climb this thing!!
- Log #15239 - by Steve Spike Wong on Mar 02, 2001My Japanese partner had never climbed ice before, a fact I found out when he led out 40 feet on his first lead and then set a belay. Needless to say, I led the rest of the climb.
- Log #15240 - by Gianni Perelli Ercolini on Sep 11, 2000Summited via North face in about 3 hours in a constant rain of ice pieces. However too many climbers on this very busy route (max 60°).