|Range/Region:||North France-West Rhine Area|
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug|
|First successful climber(s):||Probably Neanderthals|
|Nearest major airport:||Schiphol,Amsterdam|
The Vaalserberg is the Netherlands' highest peak and should therefore be contained in this list.It's located in the south of the country on both the German and Belgian border.It's proof that not all of the Netherlands,a country which lies half under sea level,is that flat.It is probably the only peak on this list that can be reached by very small children as well as wheelchairs.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: North France-West Rhine Area, Central Europe Ranges, or Europe. For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Vaalserberg.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21919 - by Christian Rodriguez on Feb 18, 2010A tiny and easy trail to the flat summit. 30 minutes walk and hundrend of people in cars or buses. Parking is on the summit.
- Log #15275 - by
Flo on Mar 09, 2004well, i have lost my brother at the base camp of the vaalserberg at 6543 meters. he wasn`t able to keep in track, so i let him behind. climbing the vaalserberg is one of the last challenging...
- Log #15276 - by Ronald on Mar 08, 2004Hm .. well, very technical climb .. you could get lost in the forrest :D Neh, it's a nice summit :) Great views.
- Log #15277 - by
Brigitte on Oct 10, 2003Climbed many times. Very busy often. Good for a bike ride, hike.
- Log #15278 - by Jo Heersink on Sep 10, 2003Shit, I have been on Kongur, Have been on K2, have been on peak Kommunizma, but this beats everything! Highly dangerous, avalanches of family cars waiting to kill you. Take a trashhammer and some...
- Log #15279 - by Ludo Portier on Aug 18, 2003Vaalserberg is situated at the three countries border where Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands meet.
- Log #15280 - by
Erik Verheul on Mar 24, 2003Took off for a winter ascent on the Netherlands highest summit. Parked the car near the summit and walked down the east slope into Germany. When descended far enough, we started to climb the east...
- Log #15281 - by Sander Langendoen on Jan 19, 2003Ja, de hoogste berg(heuvel) van Nederland...322 meter. Ja een hele beklimming. Vooral in de winter best technisch.