The highest summit in South Wales. The summit is flat with a trig point and is owned by the National Trust.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 18 trip reports for Pen Y Fan.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20596 - by gareth on Jan 12, 2007climbed from cwm gwdi on New Years day with my good friend Howard. Our 23rd year of hillwalking around the UK.Weather varied from sunshine to heavy snowfall.Same time next year!
- Log #19070 - by Jake Robertson on Aug 15, 2005Climbed it during a very hot week in Brecon. Went up the north ridge, an excellent, crowd-free walk. Haze blocked out the views so little point in lingering. Detoured to do Corn Du then went over the...
- Log #15350 - by
Nick on Aug 16, 2004To celebrate the end of our GCSE's a group of seven of us (all 16) went to the brecon beacons. Got the bus to the Story Arms centre. Went up via the brilliant stone path. Had a bew at the top and...
- Log #15352 - by Dennis Addey on June 01, 2004Hi, Re: My previous entry of 3 days ago. As stated, ascended "The Fan" via Corn Du. Start point being the layby several hundred metres south of The famous Storey Arms about 7 miles south...
- Log #15353 - by Dennis Addey on May 25, 2004Going again this weekend (Whitsun 2004), this time with our 9 year old twin sons, their first visit. Looking forward to once again re-aquainting myself with the summit.
- Log #15354 - by steve price on Mar 28, 2004just got back from a weekend in the beacons, very tired, climbed pen y fan from the east side and got lost trying to come down the west side due to mist everywhere above 700m, spent an hour walking...
- Log #15355 - by Wayne Warner on Mar 27, 2004Hi all, just got back, what a weekend. Started off at"the Swan" in Llanfrynach (damn thing was shut). Went up Bryn and down passed Nantllannerch to camp up for the night. Sat morning set...
- Log #15356 - by Wayne Warner on Mar 27, 2004we go to brecon every year to climb the peaks, traditionally we start at the inn, which is situated east of brecon town, we walk down towards resorvoirs on friday night going over bryn. walk around...
- Log #15357 - by
Dave Rogers on Jan 28, 2004Lovely day,wore too much gear,boots tore feet to bits,fantastic views though.
- Log #15358 - by james wermig on Jan 16, 2004if you avoid the 'motorway' from the storey arms there are a few interesting ways up, especially the north ridge of the cribyn. if you head off the beaton track you only meet the crowds at the...
- Log #15359 - by
R Sqn (V) Tpr on Jan 15, 2004Put the trig point back
- Log #15360 - by
Brian, Catherine, Eloise and Ben on July 13, 2003A gentle stroll for the adults but an amazing accomplishment for the youngest member of the team, Ben, only 2 years and 9 months old. He walked all the way to the summit. Very well done! We went the...
- Log #15362 - by
Steve + Tony on May 12, 2003We started our ascent from Allt Ddu and along Cefn Cwn Llwch to Pen-y-Fan. It was hard work but we're chuffed to have done it!
- Log #15363 - by
S.West, M.Mitchell, K.Mellor, Tim Parker. on Aug 04, 2002We made our ascent with Iron, Ironing board and Ironing in the name of fund raising. A successful trip and an achievement for us all. Especially Mr West who did the whole thing on crutches.
- Log #15366 - by Herman on Jan 07, 2001This was the first weekend away with the Team and the weather did not look promising, however undeterred by this we arrived on Saturday rearing to go. We went to the chosen start of our ascent, the...
- Log #15367 - by Ben on Jan 03, 2001Most recent ascent of many - but who has nicked the trig point?
- Log #15368 - by Paul Tizzard on Dec 18, 2000Walked up from the lower neuadd resivoir taking in Corn du and then Pen y fan .From just below Corn du the ground was covered in snow and visibility was down to about 50 mtrs .Once on the summit of...
- Log #15369 - by DEL on Dec 14, 2000Bring lots of water proofs and food and water