|Range/Region:||Sangre de Cristo Range|
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Santa Fe|
|Convenient Center:||Santa Fe|
Thanks to Scott Kelley for adding this peak.
Santa Fe Baldy is not a technically challenging peak. Steep trail-walking up to 12,000 foot saddle is followed by a very steep summit push. No real difficulites, but it is nestled fairly deep in the Pecos Wilderness, with the shortest route being about 12 miles.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Santa Fe Baldy.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #15534 - by Tom Bell on Aug 25, 2003Early start from ski basin. Light snow cover and chilly,windy on summit. Shared lunch with chipmunk in lee of boulders. Hike back down very pleasant.
- Log #15535 - by Teri Caputo on Aug 15, 2003My first hike up Baldy last Summer with the Sierra Club. The excellent views from the ridge and peak make this well worth the effort!
- Log #15536 - by zac montoya on Aug 13, 2003this truly was an awesome hike.the first time i went up the steep walls that surround lake katherine.very difficult.the next morning,since we stayed at the lake, we took the southern trail from the...
- Log #15537 - by Jonathan Ruben Cedillo-Rodriguez on Apr 21, 2003This was the first time I reached a peack, it was awesome. Thanx to UWC-USA and its wilderness program.
- Log #15538 - by Natalie Roy on Jan 13, 2003Wonderful snowshoe adventure.
- Log #15539 - by Darren Kocur on Nov 21, 2001My 10-year-old daughter and I came up from the Pecos Wilderness side. We camped at Spirit Lake for 3 days before summitting by way of Puerto Nambe. For anyone else adventurous enough to try the...
- Log #15540 - by Jay Meyer on Oct 02, 2001I summited Santa Fe Baldy in October, 1993, starting from the Santa Fe Ski Basin parking lot. Although this "standard" route does not present any technical challenges, it is long...
- Log #15541 - by
Caroline Lin on July 30, 2001a great (albeit somewhat long, esp on way back) day hike with excellent views from saddle, ridgeline, and peak; weather was nice most of the way with scattered rain drops near bottom of descent;...