Mulhacen Trip Report (#21480)
- Signed By: Richard Hartley
- Date submitted: October 27, 2008
- Date(s) climbed: 19th and 20th September 2008
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Usual route from the Poqueira Hut up the Rio Lanjaron to the Collado del Ciervo. We ignored the main zig-zags up the west flank and instead enjoyed the airy views over the vast north face of the mountain by heading directly up the west ridge. It took us some 3.5hrs to reach the summit.
Return was made down the east ridge to Siete Lagunas and thence to Trevelez. This is a long and committing descent but better than the long boring south ridge to the Hoya del Portillo and Capileira.