Nice peak. Climbed the Cosmique ridge. Very busy but nice easy climbing. Ropes needed
|Year first climbed:||1911|
|First successful climber(s):||G. and M. Finch|
|Nearest major airport:||Geneve|
Thanks to Sjoerd van Mil for adding this peak.
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Aiguille Du Midi in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 15 trip reports for Aiguille Du Midi.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #15823 - by Stephen Klemich on July 31, 2004We did the Cosmic route. Mixed ice, snow, rock. A classic climb for a warm up and to get some altitide in preparation for 4000m peaks.
- Log #15824 - by Jeff R on Nov 05, 2003Climbed in very dry conditions altering the charcter of the route some what! No snow at all except for the final bit of horizontal ridge leading to the short aided section. Lengthy detours ensued...
- Log #15825 - by Skopas Thanasis on Sep 10, 2003Arete de Cosmique in a sunny day Good introduction in mixed climbing at 3800 m.altitute. Dificulty PD+/AD-
- Log #15826 - by Ben Bonnaerens on Sep 09, 2003Had the time of my life when climbing the Arete Des Cosmiques! Especially when finishing the climb on the panoramaplatform of the Aguille du Midi : was photographed by at least 10 tourists ! :-)
- Log #15827 - by Ludovic-Iulian Vieru on Dec 19, 2002Very nice panorama of Mont Blanc!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Log #15828 - by Peter Gold on Oct 07, 2002Led a friend up the Cosmiques Arete on a gorgeous late spring day. My first climb in the Mt Blanc region. Very straight forward, enjoybly easy climbing.
- Log #15829 - by Ola Torstein Endresen on July 20, 2002Stefan, Erik and myself got up early to catch the lift up to the Japanese Mekka ; Aguille du Midi. Everybody knows of the Japanese and their pervert relationship to their cameras. In the town of...
- Log #15830 - by Stan Sattelberg on Apr 17, 2002Ihad only a one day weekend from a job in Genoa. I rode the evening train through Torino to Aosta. thenby bus to Courmayeur. After Saturday night in a hotel in Entreves I walked to the base of the...
- Log #15831 - by Richard Bryant on Jan 24, 2002First time in the Alps, couldn't believe how beautiful or how busy it was. Worst part is climbing the metal ladders at the end in crampons. Thanks to Chris Ensoll (The Rock Outdoor Adventures) for...
- Log #15832 - by Peter Baines on Aug 30, 2001Cosmiques Arret: Started at 1400 from the Cable car station in terrible weather: visibility down to 25m and recent snow on route. Took a long time because of tricky conditions (5hrs rather than...
- Log #15833 - by Tessa on July 10, 2001It was very busy that day! We came in a trafic jam!
- Log #15834 - by roland granottier on July 04, 2001Voie Baquet / Rebuffat en face sud : magnifique escalade plaisante et légendaire sur un granit d'anthologie. Merci monsieur Rebuffat. 6a max.
- Log #15835 - by Gregoire Hanss on Apr 25, 2001En hiver, c'était plutût comme une goulotte : deux piolets traction, dry tooling et glace fine. Mais c'était trés intéressant. Je coterais a un 4+ goulotte. Vraiment sympa.
- Log #15836 - by Steve Spike Wong on Mar 02, 2001It was windy, way cloudy, snowing, and no one else was around except for me and my three companions.
- Log #15837 - by
Sjoerd van Mil on Nov 07, 2000The Cosmique ridge is very busy but nice climbing. Not realy difficult. Rope needed