|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Year first climbed:||1926|
|First successful climber(s):||M. Dreyfus, R. Duval, P. Henry, M. Ichac|
|Nearest major airport:||Geneve|
Thanks to Sjoerd van Mil for adding this peak.
Climbed the Tablerock couloir. Nice ice slope of 45 degrees. Than up to the top climbing over the ridge.
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Aiguille Du Tour in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 12 trip reports for Aiguille Du Tour.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21488 - by Alexander Haupt on Oct 29, 2008Solo ascent from Le Tour on "autobahn" (aka normal route). Very pleasant top part: scramble on granite boulders. Good views into Mont Blanc and Aiguille Verte ranges.
- Log #20807 - by Pete Buckley on June 05, 2007A final short scramble in a mostly enclosed gully brought me out onto the boulder covered summit. The rocks were icy and a cold wind blew but it was a good spot. To the North the ground fell away...
- Log #20396 - by s mc auliffe on July 10, 2006A solo climb . A long glacier treck over Col Superior de Tour, followed by a steep descent to the Trient Plateau. A steady pull up to the base of the South Peak and a nice scramble to the tiny...
- Log #15838 - by Dean Winsbury on Sep 30, 2003Aim to summit early if you want to get the peak to yourself. Sunrise was truly magnificent when I was there. We found a scramble up that involved a couple of good moves but is basically straight...
- Log #15840 - by MOrten Lindholm on Sep 17, 2002Great intro-peak into Alpine climbing -very easy and also overcrowded. summited together with Krister from Sweden and dane Fas'l. Nice peak but poor whether!!! shame
- Log #15841 - by Chris Carter on July 15, 2002A very easy peak to reach and because it is, make sure to start the walk/climb up there nice and early before it becomes too busy.A very rewarding first alpine peak though.
- Log #15842 - by Jörgen Brenneis on Apr 14, 2002Two nice pinnacles, both 3540 m high. The northern one is more difficult to climb. From 3170 m high located Cabane du Trient the peak can reached in less than 3 hours.
- Log #15843 - by Sam Halligan on Nov 04, 2001Summitted in a total white-out with a scouse policeman. nightmare!!!
- Log #15844 - by Peter Baines on Aug 30, 2001Would be ideal for a first climb in the alps. I ascended the Table du Rock Couloir which presented no difficulties. Went from top of couloir along ridge to the summit.
- Log #15845 - by Ivar Noordenbos on Aug 11, 2001Easy mountain with great view on the summit. We did it from the Cabane d'Orny.
- Log #15846 - by rinjonneau on June 08, 2001Very nice, but be careful when too many people intend to climb it
- Log #15847 - by
Sjoerd van Mil on Nov 07, 2000Climbed the Tabelrock couloir and to the top when there was a lot of snow. It gives the route an extra kick.