|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|First successful climber(s):||?|
|Nearest major airport:||Perpignan|
Thanks to fauveau for adding this peak.
Sommet mythique des Catalans aussi bien français qu'espagnols. Paysages tres varies. Vue exceptionelle jusqu'a la mer. On peut atteindre le refuge des Cortalets ý 2100 m. en 4x4;
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Canigou.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #15873 - by xavier gorrea on Sep 16, 2003There are two main options to reach the summit. The first one starts at the Cortalets refuge and is the easiest one, and I found it not very exciting although it could be recommended for elder people...
- Log #15874 - by Ludwig Schapendonk on June 01, 2003We were staying on a camping near Prades (alt 700m)and walked to the refuge at appr. 2200m following GR5 from west to east. Temperatures were way up in the 30's so we had to drink a lot.We stayed at...
- Log #15875 - by David Stead on May 31, 2003Beutiful mountain, the view off the top is awesome and seems to last forever! Beware when setting off, dont just romp up like its a day out in the Lake District - believe it or not but you can feel...
- Log #15876 - by David Stead on May 31, 2003Fantastic view off the summit into the Pyrenees, the view seems to last forever! Went off too quickly and under estimated the height of the mountain, as its altitude and the heat made it hard work!!-...
- Log #15877 - by Ben Bonnaerens on Feb 26, 2002Summitted during a trek from Andorra to the Mediterranean Sea. Was amusing to see beachtourists stumble to the summit ( on slippers! ). Nice views btw.
- Log #15878 - by Roger Hoorens on Nov 21, 2001Summit route is not difficult but really beautiful. When approaching from Mariailles via Pla de Barbet,last part can be tricky in bad weather conditions. Rain / snow makes cheminée very slippery....