|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jan, Feb, Nov, Dec|
|Nearest major airport:||Santiago|
Thanks to Pedro Marzolo for adding this peak.
Reach this summit needs about four days round trip from Santiago (Chile). The last is a 4.100 mts and from here you can see easy the path.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for El Plomo.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20231 - by Francisco on Sep 27, 2006A very nice ascent to the giant ice-capped dome that overlooks the city of Santiago de Chile. It took us 2 days and a half to get to the top in winter conditions. Extremely windy and cold. The...
- Log #15922 - by Sergio Robles on Nov 04, 2004Climbed solo. No technical difficulties on the normal route. Up the glacier must be more interesting, but not this late in summer. 4 days is a good schedule if you are not acclimatized.
- Log #15923 - by Brian Keating on Feb 17, 2004Can anyone tell me which is Aconcagua? I took several photos to the north from the summit, but just can't guess which is the big one! There are about 4 possibilities. I will email you the photo if...
- Log #15924 - by LoTuyo Turismo Activo on Apr 17, 2003We were in the roof of Santiago on Feb. 2, 2003. Three days for conquer the Plomo's summit. You can see our photos and also find information about the others mountain in www.lotuyo.cl or www.
- Log #15925 - by Andes Mountain Expediciones on Jan 27, 2003Andean climbing expeditions. See our web page to get moore information about this route and other summits at the Andes.
- Log #15926 - by Robert Cooke on Jan 17, 2003Take it slow if you want to get to the summit. 500 m to 5430 m in three days is tough. Take an extra day if you can to make sure that you get to the summit.
- Log #15927 - by Hermann Kiendler on Dec 23, 2002I drove up to Valle Nevado and from there it took me two days to summit the 5424 m high del Plomo. The first day I walked leisurely to Piedra Numerada, set up camp there and on the second day I...
- Log #15928 - by Julien on June 14, 2002Great 3-day climb from Santiago. I followed the route described in the following web page http://www2.ing.puc.cl/~cseebach/mountain/central/plomo/index.html (good map and directions).
- Log #15929 - by Pedro Marzolo C. on May 11, 2001I was summited 3 times by the normal route. Is a easy walk. Only the las parte of the path you must use crampons. Finaly I climbed one time by the glacier route.