|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Salt Lake City|
|Convenient Center:||Sandy or American Fork|
Thanks to James Barlow for adding this peak.
American Fork Twin Peaks lie above Snowbird and upper American Fork Canyon. The slopes are gentle leading to the summit, except for the north face which is very rocky. AF Twins is the highest peak in Salt Lake County.
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of American Fork Twin Peaks in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for American Fork Twin Peaks.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #16073 - by Greg Andersom on Aug 28, 2004I climbed the twins from American Fork canyon via the East ridge of Major Evans Gulch. No trail, had to route find until I met up with the trail from Silver Lake Flats at about 11,150'. Beautiful...
- Log #16074 - by Lyn on Aug 11, 2003The plan was Sugarloaf and Devil's Castle (again), but the Twins looked so close. And I hadn't done them yet. Route: Cecret Lake, Mt. Baldy, Hidden Peak then across to AF Twins.
- Log #16075 - by alex rudd on Aug 26, 2002did this peak as the bullion divide. mt. baldy to red baldy.
- Log #16076 - by Jared Payne on Nov 13, 2001I hiked up from Gad Valley and after a steep climb along the North West ridge,summited Red Baldy then easily crossed over to the West twin of Twin Peaks and walked over to the East twin and out to...
- Log #16077 - by Tyler Slack on Oct 04, 2001I hiked the White Pine Lake trail to the boulder field and summited Red Top Mountain first. After I got to the top of Red Top Mountain, it was an easy walk across the ridgeline to the West Peak of...
- Log #16078 - by Mick Wenzbauer on Mar 12, 2001Fairly easy off-trail climb by hiking Snowbird's Gad Valley, ascending to the Gad Valley/White Pine ridge and following this right to the peak. Outstanding views down Little Cottonwood Canyon....
- Log #16079 - by
James Barlow on Mar 11, 2001I first did this peak in August, 1998, with Dan, Keith, and Duane as part of the Bullion Divide route, which starts at Albion Basin, and ends at White Pine Canyon. I took the northeast ridge from...