Mount Kilimanjaro Trip Report (#19107)
- Signed By: Charles E. Leiserson, Jr.
- Date submitted: February 14, 2006
- Date(s) climbed: 9 January, 2006 -- 17 January, 2006
- Number of People Encountered:50+ people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Since the Western Breach was closed (due to an accident the previous week), we circumnavigated the mountain from Shira 2 Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp, then to Barafu Camp via Karanga Camp. Each day at 2pm, we had minor hail, interspersed with thick fog. Mornings and evenings were usually clear, leading to a beautiful summit attempt on the 16th after a snowy night in Crater Camp.