Mount Kilimanjaro Trip Report (#20195)
- Signed By: Paul Bozwood Davies of UK
- Date submitted: September 27, 2006
- Date(s) climbed: 19/04\2006
- Number of People Encountered:11-25 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
The Mangu hotel and staff were a great start point for the climb. Great porters and eight companions made the climbing easy though pole pole. We spent 7 days on safari before the climb, which certainly helped in acclimatising to the height. No diamox! Uhuru point is a place to behold. Very proud to have reached it. Don't forget to keep your eyes open for the many small creatures that are all the way up and the fantastic vegitation. Take it slowly is my only advice.