Mount Kilimanjaro Trip Report (#20459)
- Signed By: Chris Figureida of Ventura, California, USA
- Date submitted: October 28, 2006
- Date(s) climbed: 15/Sep/06 - 20/Sep/06
- Number of People Encountered:50+ people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Jambo! Climbed with ZARA. They were just fantastic. Guide was Emanuel. In our group there was 4 clients, plus the guide, assistance guide, cook, and 8 porters. Good weather and relatively few people (100+). Took the Machame Route (6 day). It was not as hard as you will read. Very straight forward, walking only for a few hours each day. Made it first to the summit out of all the climbing parties. Got to watch the sunrise from Uhuru with no other parties around! No wind! Only bad thing is that you can see all the damage on the mountain from so many people. No conservation! Watch out for the toilets, and bring a lot of Purell hand sanitizer. Pole Pole!