Mount Kilimanjaro Trip Report (#21201)
- Signed By: Julian Hinds of whitchurch, shropshire, Uk
- Date submitted: February 26, 2008
- Date(s) climbed: 02/05/2008
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
night summit climb, was hard work and we wondered when
the crater ridge would ever come. Its not easy or else there would be a cafe/diner on the top.
If you feel like giving up and you will at some stage,
you will not come back to have another try, even though you may promise yourself so at the time.
Just keep your head down and keep walking, dont look up because the stars you think you see are other peoples headtorches !!
When you get to the crater rim, grit your teeth and go for the extra walk up to UHURU, once you have it, you have it for always !!!!!!!!!!!!