|Best months for climbing:||Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Kraków (Balice)|
Giewont - is famous pik in Poland. From Zakopane is 600m vertical wall.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Giewont.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #18957 - by Kuba on Feb 14, 2006I was there twice as a little boy once i climbed it in winter with my parents and once in the evening in summer with my dad.During the day in summer always crowdy...The view is not bad unless there...
- Log #16384 - by
Antoni on Nov 14, 2004beautiful northern face. a piece of wonderful winter climb.
- Log #16385 - by Krist0f on July 21, 2004The symbol of Polish Tatra mountains, the most visible peak from Zakopane town, Giewont makes me puke - I am fed up with it, tear it down or whatever. Every tourist MUST climb it (for whatever...
- Log #16386 - by Tomek Świst on Dec 25, 2003The most popular ,symbolic and legendary mountain peak of Poland .
- Log #16387 - by Zbyszek on June 11, 2003Very crowded in summer, I'd advice to do it in winter (don't forget your crampons and ice axe) - Bardzo zatloczony latem, polecam zrobienie go zima (raki i czekan niezbedne)
- Log #16388 - by Rafal Jozwik on Jan 22, 2003very easy, about 4-5 hours to summit and run down. there's very high cross on the peak. symbol of Polish mountains.
- Log #16389 - by
Simon Gwyn Roberts on Jan 03, 2003A small summit, very crowded. Fun scramble up very polished limestone.