|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||Lima|
Thanks to Andres Bernal Bonilla for adding this peak.
Is a good peak to start climbing in the Cordillera Blanca.. is not so dificult but a little bit long
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Ishinca in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Ishinca.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20500 - by Jeremy Aschenbach on Nov 23, 2006pretty easy, great views. Had a blast!
- Log #16495 - by matthias on June 13, 2004very nice...in 3 hours and 45 min. from the basecamp to the summit. wonderful.
- Log #16496 - by Steve Hysko on May 08, 2004A beautiful day, hit the peak in about 4 hours from a high camp on the morraine. Beautiful ice cave on the SW route. Was with Chris Ruby, Mike Thrift, Bob Guthrie, David Feese and Julio tagged along...
- Log #16497 - by Guy JADOT on Jan 15, 2004Sommet atteint par plusieurs membres du CAB hainaut,exellentes conditions, crevase sommitale et pont de neige praticable.Super !
- Log #16499 - by Kjetil Kjernsmo on Sep 20, 2002Unfortunately, I didn't summit, even if this is one of the easiest peaks I've tried. The problem was really a guidebook. There is a Spanish-language guidebook which is readily available in bookshops...
- Log #16500 - by Michel Raîche on Apr 12, 2002magnifique sommet d'acclimatation en vue du Huascaran, longue marche d'approche, dodo facile au refuge Ishinca, accessible via le petit village de Collon (env. 1h. en véhicule de Huaraz)
- Log #16501 - by Martin Lascano on Mar 07, 2002Ascensión de baja dificultad, desde el campo 1 a la cumbre tardamos 3 hs.
- Log #16502 - by
Martin Lascano on Mar 07, 2002Tardamos 2hs. desde el campo 1 a la cumbre. No tiene ninguna dificultad