The Alphubel (4206 m) is a mountain in the Pennine Alps in Switzerland. It is part of the Mischabel range, which culminates at the Dom (4,545 m). The first ascent of the mountain was by Leslie Stephen and T. W. Hinchliff with guides Melchior Anderegg and Peter Perren on 9 August 1860, starting at Täsch and via the south-east ridge and the Alphubeljoch. From the summit you see across the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa.
|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1860|
|First successful climber(s):||Leslie Stephen, T. W. Hinchliff, Melchior Anderegg, and Peter Perren|
|Nearest major airport:||Geneva|
|Convenient Center:||Saas Fee|
There are 12 trip reports for Alphubel.
- Log #4266 - by Christine Theodorovics on June 24, 2004Were on top in a complete blizzard with no view at all....
- Log #4267 - by
Ben Bonnaerens on June 19, 2004Demanding climb from the Tash-hutte through 1500altimeters of melting,soft snow.Didn't see anything from the top because of the white-out :-(
- Log #4268 - by
Gui on Sep 05, 2003quiet mixed climb ( we were alone ) very cold, you meet the sun when you reach the summit. ( west face of the mountain ) last 300 m in the rock face is the hardest part of the climb ( AD+ / D )
- Log #4269 - by Alex van Houten on Aug 19, 20033 1/2 hours ascent from Mittel Allalin trough feejoch and over feekopf. Upper section under top nicely steep and icy. Weather was excellent, clear view al the way to MontBlanc. Descent over normal...
- Log #4270 - by Klaus Tscherrig on June 08, 2003As a local mountainguide I offer climbs to all 4000 meter peaks in Switzerland. See you soon!
- Log #4271 - by isabel Breyer on Sep 17, 2002Great Tour ! Thanks to Aldo ( Bergführer Saas Fee)
- Log #4272 - by Steve Moulding on Feb 01, 2002Solo of SE Ridge. Good visibility. Snow and Ice all the way from the glacier. Upper sections steep and icy.
- Log #4274 - by Otto Schapendonk on June 15, 2001Solod the South-east ridge, nice route. No visibility at the top.
- Log #4275 - by Hallbjörn Staurset on June 01, 2001Easy climb from mittel-allalin, in good weather.
- Log #4276 - by sam stradamus on Mar 18, 2001We started from the Tasch-hutte and got to the summit in 4 hours. There is one piece of the route where the ice becomes somewhat steeper, but in general this route isn't too difficult. When the...
- Log #21733 - by Uwe Dengler on Aug 09, 2009Climbed the Alphubel via the Feegrat and the southeast ridge "Eisnase". Still an easy climb, but significantly more difficult than the Allalinhorn which we did the day before. Do it witha guide...
- Log #21859 - by Koen on Jan 24, 2010Started out from Mischabel bivak (which is a really nice cabin hanging on the start of the alphubel north ridge) and climbed to the summit in about 2 hours. Easy climb great view.