This MOuntain is just to the south west of Mount Ypsilon and is about 500 feet shorter. From the summit you can see most if not all of the Front Range. You must hit the trails early during the summer monthes due to afternoon thunderstorms. YOu can easily access this peak from the Fall River Road which goes up and over Trail Ridge. If you wanted to do a spring ski mountaineering quest you could do it anytime after Memorial Day unless you wanted to hike up the Fall River Road.
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|Nearest major airport:||Denver International|
|Convenient Center:||Estes Park|
Thanks to Chris Reed for adding this peak.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 5 trip reports for Mount Chiquita.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21766 - by James Conley on Sep 14, 2009Started at Chapin creek trailhead and follow the signs which took us up to the saddle between Mount Chapin and Mount Chiquita. Then clouds started filling the saddle and it started to snow, so we...
- Log #16574 - by Peter & Ben Alexander on Aug 29, 2003Peter, Linda & Ben (10) Alexander climbed Mts. Chiquita & Ypsilon with Kirsten & Forrest Weger via the trail from the Chapin Pass Trailhead on Fall River Road. This is a walk-up route...
- Log #16575 - by Patrick Spook on Aug 30, 2001Great hike great weather great views. I also climbed chapin and ypsilon
- Log #16576 - by Roy and Sharon Rice on July 23, 2001Gorgeous views in all directions. Perfect hike for all ages.
- Log #16577 - by Jim Lombard on June 21, 2001Bagged it on the way to Mt Ypsilon, great hike over rugged unmarked terrain. Saw lots of marmots on the broad summit.