|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec|
|Year first climbed:||1848|
|First successful climber(s):||Juan Renous|
|Nearest major airport:||Puerto Montt|
Thanks to E.Schuster for adding this peak.
Acceso desde el centro de Ski "La Burbuja"
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Osorno in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Osorno.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20778 - by Igor Cazes on May 19, 2007Volcan Osorno is one of the classics of the Lakes area southern Chile. As I went late in the season, I encontered icy conditions, making the route a kind of hard on its final third.Take at least one...
- Log #16583 - by
marcelo krings on July 20, 2004Linda vista de los lagos, es conveniente marcar la salida de la enorme cumbre en dias de mal tiempo.
- Log #16584 - by Alain on July 05, 2003Less crowded and more difficult than Villarica, this Fujiyama like volcanoe is really a jewel. It took 5 hours to reach the top. We used crampons and pick axes. The last 180 m were on fixed ropes,...
- Log #16585 - by Pedro Hauck on Dec 22, 2002I attent to climb the Osorno in a travel I and Maximo serantes, my best friend, did in 2000. we started in january in Brazil and we crossed all south of argentina and Chile hith-rikking and climbing...
- Log #16586 - by Roland Haas on Dec 01, 2002It was raining when we started from Puerto Octay early morning, and it still was drizzling when we reached La Picada. We had to carry the skis for about an hour. Half an hour later it started to...
- Log #16587 - by Michel SIGNER on Sep 30, 2001Un volcan extraordinaire,superbe et fascinant.