NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Lonquimay.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21443 - by Kyle on Sep 18, 2008I was alone on the mountain, except for a few skiers at the resort down below. A nice hike, ~4 hour route up affords a great view of Llaima and other volcanoes in the area.
- Log #16589 - by Earl Redman on Sep 04, 2004Bill Zentner and I made an enjoyable ascent of Lonquimay from the east in January of 1993. Steep near the top with fun gravel. Had two condors circle just 100 feet above us during a lunch break....
- Log #16590 - by Cristian Barrios Cepeda on Sep 30, 2003llegamos a la cumbre despues de unas 5 horas de marcha. en los ultimos 300 metros habia una capa de hielo, lo que hacia que el avance fuera con mucho cuidado. aparte de eso, al interior del crater...
- Log #16591 - by
Felipe Reinike on May 09, 2003hermoso volcán cercano a temuco,no presenta gran dificultad técnica.El crater es muy grande y en ivierno,primavera o otoño su crater está cubierto de nieve haciendolo muy bonito.
- Log #16592 - by Roland Haas on Dec 01, 2002By Car right to the snow. Nobody else there. The mountain appears closer than it is... it's a long way.
- Log #16593 - by Manuel Barrada on June 29, 2001I did it second week june 2001. Still a lot of snow this season, very windy in the summitWe summit by the north face. Too much snow, dangerous sheraks, very big crevases, difficult to avoid crevasses...