|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
Thanks to Pica for adding this peak.
Comapedrosa is the highest peak in Andorra, situated very near of the frontier with Catalonia. It has two major routes of ascent: from Coma Pedrosa and from Pla de L'estany. Very recommended to ascent by one and descend by the other. It has a magnificent view of a part of the Pyrenees, including aneto, pica d'estats, carlit, ... It is very recommended to climb it in winter in skis. Its north side has some easy "couloirs" to climb.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Coma Pedrosa.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22356 - by Matt Coppock on Oct 21, 2012Set off from Arinsal, thru the woods which is a delightful walk, especially in autumn with all the colours of the trees changing. The route is very easier to follow, with markers on the rocks all...
- Log #22125 - by Adam Majchrzak on Jan 14, 2011beautiful ragged mountain - i believe it's the highest in Andorra not difficult scramble unless u do a small detour and finally climb from a 'wrong' side of the peak :) fantastic vista over the...
- Log #22058 - by Christian Rodriguez on Aug 26, 201011 days hiking and climinb GRP + GR 11 + GR 7 + Comma Pedrosa... 4 hours to the summit great and nice hike.
- Log #16620 - by Steve Smith on June 24, 2004I started on the normal route at 07:00 from Arinsal and reached the summit at 10:45. There was still a lot of snow, and crampons were a help on north facing slopes. I descended through deep soft snow...
- Log #16621 - by Peter Blokker on Feb 10, 2004It was mid-winter when ik climbed from Arinsal to the summit, but the sun almost set the glaciers on fire. It was a long trip on my snowshoes but it was worth it, the clear sky offered a beautiful...
- Log #16622 - by michael bridge on July 20, 2003a superb climb that is best made from arinsal.the veiws west are magnificent and a walk along the shores of lke negre are recomended as the best descent from the summit, espeically ain the last of...
- Log #16623 - by Anders Stavhag on Dec 22, 2002Fantastic view from the top and the way up there! Arrived at 03.30AM and the beautifule sunraise gave nearly a religius feeling! I will come back one day!