|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun|
|Year first climbed:||1947|
|First successful climber(s):||Swiss expedition, Andre Roche|
|Nearest major airport:||New Delhi|
Thanks to Marek Safarik for adding this peak.
Good peak for young mountaineers. 22 - 25 days from Delhi to Delhi. Dangerous part - ridge (1 km) in 6300, fixed ropes necessary. More info: www.mujweb.cz/sport/ksp/satopanth.htm
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Satopanth in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 5 trip reports for Satopanth.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21592 - by Vishal on Feb 14, 2009Technical, and exhilariting...
- Log #20436 - by Roland Tomaschko on Oct 15, 2006Sehr schöner Gipfel im Garhwal Himalaya!
- Log #16700 - by Punit Manek on Feb 17, 2004The expedition was organized by an indian club, Saad Mountaineers. We are based in Bombay. C1 was established at 5600 metres in a sheltered spot. The conventional C2 site was heavily crevassed and...
- Log #16701 - by Erhard Kirchmayr on Feb 17, 2002Base Camp in 4500 m - Nandanban. ABC in 5000 m on a small lake across the glacier which flows down to Chaturangi Bamak west of Vasuki Parbat. Camp I in 5400 m. Camp II in 6200 m.
- Log #16702 - by Marek Safarik on July 18, 2001After 10 days from B.C. 2 days of fixing the way between CII and CII.