Most climbed peak in the Anchorage bowl. 20 minute ascent for some, three hours for others.
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||Anchorage|
Thanks to Steve Hufford for adding this peak.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 11 trip reports for Flattop.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22185 - by Mountain Hiker, AK on May 26, 2011Climbed Flattop with my dad in 2 hours round trip via the regular glen alps trail (Flattop Mountain Trail). Very windy and cold at the top, but high 60's down lower. Got to butt slide down snow....
- Log #22184 - by Mountain Hiker, AK on May 26, 2011Hiked Flattop on my birthday with my mom and a friend. First winter summit. Beautiful bright sunny day. Hiked the back route.
- Log #22007 - by Mountain Hiker, AK on July 14, 2010We ran most of the time and got to the top in 36 minutes. We got down in 19 minutes making the whole trip 1 hour and 6 minutes. It was the fasted I ever got up Flattop because I usually just hike it,...
- Log #21985 - by Mountain Hiker, AK on June 12, 2010Awesome hike. First time I have climbed the regular trail instead of the Canyon Road Trail. Fun hike. This is the second time I have climbed Flattop.
- Log #21984 - by Mountain Hiker, AK on June 12, 2010Climbed the Flattop Mountain Trail up. Took 1 hour and took the Old Flattop Mountain Trail (Abandoned)back to the parking lot. Very fun scrambling up the rocks. I am 13 years old and have climbed the...
- Log #21726 - by Mountain Hiker, AK on Aug 04, 2009A fun hike from Canyon Road up the saddle and up Flattop. Hike took around 35 to 45 minutes to the top and 20 to 30 minutes back down. It was very windy up at the saddle and I got a pretty bad...
- Log #16824 - by Steve Gruhn on Jan 08, 2004Easy hike, but I doubt I could do it in 20 minutes.
- Log #16825 - by
Jeremy Rhoades on Nov 02, 2002This is the first climb I made after moving to Anchorage from Colorado in 1999. I try to climb it 5 or 6 times each year. This is not a difficult hike but it is still an excellent way to get or stay...
- Log #16826 - by Liz T on Sep 16, 2001I've lived in Anchorage 20 years and had never hiked up Flattop! Today was my first time. WOW... a little harder than I expected, but I felt a sense of accomplishment when I reached the top. What an...
- Log #16827 - by
Micah McGuire on Sep 15, 2001this peak is a walk up the NE side, a fun scramble up the NW face, and actually a really good winter climb for honing the skills of beggining mountaineers. From the summit you can access the...
- Log #16829 - by Pamela Stone on Sep 05, 2001This is a pretty easy hike 9 miles round trip. View is pretty. This is a great hike to get one prepared for a larger hike the next day.