|Range/Region:||Central Montana Rockies|
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|Nearest major airport:||Butte, Montana|
|Convenient Center:||Anaconda, Montana|
Thanks to Bryan Flake for adding this peak.
Mount Haggin is a great hike in the Pintler Range. Most of the way is in the trees but the peak is rugged loose rock.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: Central Montana Rockies, Rocky Mountains, or North America. For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Mount Haggin.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #16839 - by Emil Kovacevich on July 12, 2003Both Climbs were spectacular an Awesome. If health prevails, I will make a third. If i don't make it, I still have my memories of both climbs.
- Log #16838 - by Craig Campana on July 11, 2003I can remember waking up every day as a kid growing up in Anaconda, Montana, and looking out our picture window to view the summit of Mount Haggin. I remember the goal I had to climb it, but never...
- Log #16840 - by Bernie Caulfield on July 11, 2003Lots tougher that third time! Age and weight are definitely factors that add to the challenge.
- Log #16841 - by Lawrence Hess on July 06, 2003Pat, Bernie, Pat, Mark, Kevin, and I all enjoyed salami and cheese on the summit. Who built that stone monument??
- Log #16842 - by karen and terry montgomery on Aug 25, 20025 hrs from barker drainage road-beautiful vista in all directions-storms can come up fast
- Log #16843 - by Bryan Flake on Sep 05, 2001Great climb. Took 3.5 hours to summit.