|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||???|
|First successful climber(s):||???|
|Nearest major airport:||Oakland International (OAK)|
|Convenient Center:||Tuolumne Meadows|
Clouds Rest stands at the Eastern extent of Yosemite Valley, overlooking Yosemite and Tenaya canyon. A great day hike from Tenaya Lake (7 mi.) from trailhead off Tioga Road near Tuolumne Meadows. Clouds Rest offers an outstanding view straight down Yosemite Valley from Half Dome to El Capitan. It also offers a great panorama of the northern Sierra range with views of every major peak in the park. Easily one of the best views in the Park - better than from the top of Half Dome (in our humble opinion).
Joe Bob says "check it out!"
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Clouds Rest.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #16865 - by Taka on Sep 15, 2004My three sons, 9yrs, 7yrs and 3yrs, my wife and I left Sunrise parking lot at 9:00 am on Sunday after staying White Wolf, and reached to the peak 1:00pm. It was 2nd time for myself, and last time I...
- Log #16866 - by
Morgan Brown on Jan 30, 2004Nice, fairly long dayhike. Not too strenuous. Expect some crowds whenever Tioga Road is open. Great views--this is the center of Yosemite.
- Log #16867 - by orian on Dec 09, 2003I disco danced up from camp curry and on the way back down climbed half dome while i was there. 27 miles in one day.
- Log #16868 - by Art McKiernan on Sep 23, 2001This was part of a five day backpack trip with my family. We spent the night on Clouds Rest and watched an awesome sunset/sunrise.
- Log #16869 - by Dave Hollenbeck on Sep 23, 2001This is a very enjoyable hike. You look down on Half Dome, but getting there is all scenic
- Log #16870 - by Bob Smith-McCollum on Sep 23, 2001We did Clouds Rest as part of backpack trip from Tuolumne Meadows to Yosmite Valley. It was easily the highlight of the trip, offering some of the best views of the Valley and the rest of the park. A...